Monday, November 27, 2006

Keep your head up

I'll be honest - the road I have been travelling on has been getting pretty bumpy lately. The recording sessions with my band have been a complete failure so far. Our next show isn't until the beginning of next year, and we are having some trouble getting on the bill at quality venues. Some other stuff in my personal life has been pretty dissappointing as well.

However, what do you see me doing? Well, I am still updating my blog :-). I am still doing all the things that I need to do to keep moving along in life. In other words, I am persevering. I think this is very important to becoming a sucessful musician.

When life throws you a curve ball, you have to be ready to hit it out of the park. I think I said this in a previous entry, but it is so true. Just because things don't go the way you planned them, doesn't mean you should give up.

Pull yourself together, stay focused and determined, and go get 'em. Remember, no one is going to hand you anything, you have to go out there and take it! Whether it be making it in the music business or something else, if you believe in yourself, you have a much better chance of suceeding!

Tom

Here is an article I wrote on staying focused on the music

No comments: